Małgorzata Frydrych, 2010-06-16 Lubartów Język angielski, Sprawdziany i testy
Test leksykalny z języka angielskiego. Dział HEALTH AND HEALTH PROBLEMS.
I. MATCH THE FOLLOWING:
1) write a) somebody’s temperature
2) take b) allergic to …
3) catch c) from a headache
4) feel d) a sore throat
5) have e) a cold
6) be f) dizzy
7) fall g) ill
8) suffer h) a prescription
9) make i) on a patient
10)operate j) a recovery
II. CHOOSE THE RIGHT WORD:
1. You should go to your doctor for regular check-ups/
2. The doctor will listen to your chest with
a stethoscope/ syringe.
3. He has an awful bruise/ disease on his forehead.
4. Did the doctor scratch/ prescribe you any
5. I always have a(n) insurance/ first aid kit in my car.
6. He took an aspirin because he had a splitting headache/
a black eye.
7. I always take a travel sickness/ flu vaccine in
8. He can’t walk. He is confined to his wheelchair/ injury.
9. A balanced diet/ fatty diet is good for those who don’t
want to be overweight.
10. He went down/ on with flu last week.
III.MATCH THE SYMPTOMS WITH THE ADVICE:
1. I’m overweight.
2. I’m allergic to pollen
3. I feel a pain in my chest.
4. I’ve broken my leg.
5. I’ve sprained my wrist.
6. My nose is bleeding.
7. I feel feverish.
8. I have painful joints.
9. I suffer from indigestion.
10. I get travel-sick.
A. Drink some peppermint tea.
B. You should take some aspirin.
C. You should lie down and pinch your nose.
D. Breathe in some fresh air.
E. You should call your doctor.
F. You’d better stay indoors for some time.
G. It must be put in plaster.
H. You should apply some ointment.
I. You should put it in a sling.
J. You should go on a diet.
IV. FIND THE ODD ONE:
1. headache, backache, mumps, nurse, measles
2. surgery, disease, waiting room, operating theatre,
3. balanced diet, staying up late, keeping your body fit,
regular sleep patterns, regular check-ups
4. surgeon, GP, patient, dentist, midwife
5. swollen, injured, crutches, painful, twisted
V. MATCH THE WORDS WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS:
1) a painkiller
4) couch potato lifestyle
6) heat stroke
a) You get it if you are sunbathing for a long time.
b) A very lazy lifestyle.
c) You put it on a cut or wound.
d) Something that relieves your pain.
e) It is used to weigh people and things.
f) You suffer from it when you have problems sleeping.