AWANS INFORMACJE FORUM Dla nauczyciela Dla ucznia LOGOWANIE

Korepetycje : 
Korepetycje i lekcje - szukam nietypowych itp. 
Idˇ do wątku: <---->
Akcja: ForaWątkiNowy wątekSzukajZaloguj
Call Odell Beckham Jr. the eternal optimist.
Autor: panxing18 (IP zapamiętane)
Data: 12 mar 2019 - 07:07:49

EAST RUTHERFORD Nate Solder Color Rush Jersey , N.J. (AP) &#8212; When the New York Giants&#8216; flashy wide receiver was asked Friday what he hoped his 1-7 team would do for the remainder of the season, Beckham didn&#8217;t pull any punches.&#8220;I think the goal is to win eight games, go 9-7 and go to the playoffs,&#8221; Beckham said.Even though no NFL team has ever pulled off such a comeback?&#8220;It&#8217;s not an easy task,&#8221; Beckham added. &#8220;But that&#8217;s the goal. We want to win every game and I want to do everything I can to help that. The Giants have been there before, gone 9-7 and got into the playoffs. Anything is possible. It&#8217;s not impossible to win eight games. It wasn&#8217;t impossible to lose seven. Anything can happen.&#8221;Beckham remained upbeat as his team prepared to face the San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, California on Monday night. He was certain his team is ready to turn it around, albeit in miraculous fashion &#8212; provided the Giants do a better job of scoring touchdowns.&#8220;We&#8217;ve lost a lot of close games that we just didn&#8217;t pull through,&#8221; Beckham said. &#8220;We know what situations we&#8217;re in when we are in those close games. We just haven&#8217;t found a way to pull them through. It&#8217;s easy to sit up here and be like we want to win eight games knowing that it&#8217;s very tough to do. You just got to pull it all together now.&#8220;I know we&#8217;re not in a very good situation, but you just got to make the most out of that.&#8221;Beckham signed a five-year, $95 million contract, with approximately $65 million guaranteed, during training camp in August, so he&#8217;s the new face of the franchise moving forward. He was asked if he felt he had any pressure to be the one who kick-starts the offense.&#8220;Not any more than I ever have,&#8221; said Beckham, who has caught 61 passes for 785 yards and two touchdowns this season. &#8220;Hopefully I can start catching some of these things and start taking them to the crib, making bigger plays. I put more on myself. Whatever happens is what&#8217;s going to happen, but I know that my mentality is not going to be to quit. I&#8217;m not going to be out there not trying to go hard every play. Any chance that I get, that&#8217;s just always how I&#8217;m going to be.&#8221;Beckham was also asked if the Giants could eliminate some problems in scoring touchdowns once they get inside the opponent&#8217;s 20-yard line.&#8220;I think that any chance I get, and all of us get a chance to take something to the house, it&#8217;s time to go,&#8221; he said. &#8220;There&#8217;s no more holding back, playing it safe, or waiting for the next play, because you don&#8217;t know if you&#8217;re going to have a next play, and that&#8217;s just the mentality we have to take. Any chance I get now, and I catch one of these slants, there&#8217;s no motion wasted. It&#8217;s just got to be somebody has got to come catch me. You trust your training, you trust your speed &#8212; somebody has got to come catch me. I&#8217;m trying as much as I can to make these plays, explosive plays Phil Simms Color Rush Jersey , and we all need to do that.&#8221;Fellow wideout Sterling Shepard also recognizes his team&#8217;s struggles in the red zone.&#8220;Explosive plays are always good themselves, but if you can take them all the way, then that obviously is better for the team,&#8221; said Shepard, who has 40 receptions for 542 yards and two touchdowns. &#8220;You just take them as they come and some of them will pop, some of them won&#8217;t, but an explosive play all around is good for the team. I think it&#8217;s we&#8217;re just not being assignment sound. I feel like one guy is always off or two guys off when we get into the red zone, and that can kill your chances of scoring.&#8221;Beckham Jr. is befuddled why the Giants aren&#8217;t scoring more.&#8220;Not to say that the opportunities haven&#8217;t been there, but they&#8217;ve been limited,&#8221; he noted.But Beckham feels the tide is about to turn for him personally.&#8220;I don&#8217;t know, but towards the back end of the season, I feel like I do better,&#8221; Beckham said. &#8220;As the season goes on, people&#8217;s bodies start to break down. I really try to maintain and I really try to be better than I was in Week 1 or Week 10. I feel a lot stronger going in towards the back end of the season. I feel like I&#8217;m in the best shape of my life. Now, it&#8217;s just time to do that.&#8221;NOTES: Coming off a bye, the Giants had a full team at practice Friday. WR Jawill Davis (concussion), who had been out, returned to practice, so he will more than likely be the Giants&#8217; main return option on punts and kickoffs Monday. Starting LB Alec Ogletree (hamstring) returned to practice, as did OT Chad Wheeler (ankle). . Olivier Vernon said that there was no difference in preparing to face 49ers QB Nick Mullens, who will be making the second start of his pro career. &#8220;We have to disrupt him and make him feel uncomfortable,&#8221; Vernon said. &#8220;There&#8217;s not a whole lot of film to watch on him, so we just have to have the mindset to get after him and get him out of a comfort zone.&#8221; EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) &#8212; No one seems to be asking questions about Eli Manning remaining the quarterback of the New York Giants these days.The two-time Super Bowl MVP has quieted his critics, throwing for five touchdowns and no interceptions in wins over the San Francisco 49ers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers the past two weeks.In beating the Niners, Manning engineered a late fourth-quarter drive capped by a touchdown pass to Sterling Shepard with less than a minute to play. He was nearly perfect Sunday, hitting 17 of 18 passes for 231 yards and three TDs in a 38-35 win over the Bucs.His 94.4 completion percentage was a team record in a game with at least 10 attempts, and it was tied for third highest in a game in NFL history with a minimum of 15 passing attempts. Alex Smith, when he played with the 49ers, and Ryan Tannehill of Miami share the top mark at 94.7 percent.&#8220;You give Eli time to throw and that&#8217;s what you are going to get Harry Carson Color Rush Jersey ,&#8221; Shepard said Wednesday before the Giants (3-7) practiced for Sunday&#8217;s game at Philadelphia (4-6). &#8220;The offensive line has been doing a great job blocking. He has been making the throws. The throws are on point.&#8221;Manning tied his career high by completing his first 11 passes before failing to hook up with halfback Saquon Barkley on a wheel route.The Eagles have had their way against the Giants. They have won four straight, including a 34-13 win at MetLife Stadium on Oct. 11, a game in which the Giants were down 24-6 at halftime and 31-6 midway through the third quarter.Manning finished 24 of 43 for 281 yards. However, he was sacked four times and threw an interception on the second play from scrimmage, setting up the first of three touchdown passes by Carson Wentz.&#8220;Last time we played them, I know exactly why they beat us,&#8221; coach Pat Shurmur said. &#8220;We didn&#8217;t do anything that you need to do against any type of team to win. We turned the ball over, we gave them big plays, we just didn&#8217;t play well enough to beat any team, so we have to fix that. That&#8217;s more about us.&#8221;The 37-year-old Manning didn&#8217;t give much of an answer when asked about the Eagles&#8217; recent success against New York.&#8220;They&#8217;ve been good teams and obviously hey, every time you play, you got an opportunity,&#8221; he said. &#8220;It&#8217;s just about what matters is this game and this opportunity to go out there and get a win.&#8221;The Giants are playing better heading into this meeting. The two-game winning streak is their longest since December 2016 and they have made changes, particularly on the offensive line. Spencer Pulley is now the center and Jamon Brown has been excellent at right guard since being added to the lineup two weeks ago.Tight end Evan Engram, who missed the Eagles game with a knee injury, is back and Barkley, the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, had his best game last week, rushing for 142 yards and scoring three touchdowns: two running and one on a pass.&#8220;I think we&#8217;re running the ball better than we did, so I feel like we&#8217;re playing better football, but we got to continue doing that,&#8221; Manning said. &#8220;They&#8217;re a good team, they&#8217;re a good defense, they got a good front four and they&#8217;re a little banged-up in the secondary, but they&#8217;ll have a good plan and we just got to go execute.&#8221;NOTES: A win by Dallas (5-5) over the Redskins (6-4) would help the Giants on Thanksgiving. Manning isn&#8217;t going to root.&#8220;We&#8217;ll watch the game, but you never know how it&#8217;s all going to end up or play out, so just watch,&#8221; he said.

Akcja: ForaWątkiSzukajZaloguj
Przykro nam, ale tylko zarejestrowane osoby mogą pisać na tym forum.

Serwis internetowy, z którego korzystasz, używa plików cookies. Są to pliki instalowane w urządzeniach końcowych osób korzystających z serwisu, w celu administrowania serwisem, poprawy jakości świadczonych usług w tym dostosowania treści serwisu do preferencji użytkownika, utrzymania sesji użytkownika oraz dla celów statystycznych i targetowania behawioralnego reklamy (dostosowania treści reklamy do Twoich indywidualnych potrzeb). Informujemy, że istnieje możliwość określenia przez użytkownika serwisu warunków przechowywania lub uzyskiwania dostępu do informacji zawartych w plikach cookies za pomocą ustawień przeglądarki lub konfiguracji usługi. Szczegółowe informacje na ten temat dostępne są u producenta przeglądarki, u dostawcy usługi dostępu do Internetu oraz w Polityce prywatności plików cookies.
Dowiedz się więcej.