AWANS INFORMACJE FORUM Dla nauczyciela Dla ucznia LOGOWANIE

Ogłoszenia : 
Ogłoszenia - oddam, sprzedam, kupię, wymienię... 
Idˇ do wątku: <---->
Akcja: ForaWątkiNowy wątekSzukajZaloguj
www.whitesoxfanproshop.com
Autor: liny195 (IP zapamiętane)
Data: 15 kwi 2019 - 05:22:17

TAMPA Carlton Fisk Jersey , Fla. (AP) &#8212; Danny Farquhar took another big step in his comeback, and his family was in the stands to see it.Farquhar struck out two and walked one during a scoreless inning Sunday in his first simulated game for the New York Yankees since collapsing in the Chicago White Sox dugout last April 20.The right-hander was diagnosed with a ruptured aneurysm and brain hemorrhage and had surgery the next day. He was hospitalized until May 7.&#8220;Extraordinarily successful being the fact that I wasn&#8217;t thinking about anything besides striking everybody out,&#8221; Farquhar said. &#8220;I wasn&#8217;t thinking about my helmet hat, I wasn&#8217;t thinking about anything else. My focus was what it&#8217;s been in the past. Just create swings and misses. That&#8217;s what I call normal.&#8221;The 32-year-old Farquhar is using a specially designed protective cap which includes Kevlar and foam.His wife, Lexie, and children Madison (7), Landon (3) and Liam (1) took in the game from the third base side of an empty Steinbrenner Field.&#8220;I saw them while I was warming up,&#8221; Farquhar said. &#8220;We talked about it. I told them I wanted them to be in the stands. Just to see my family, my kids so happy and just enjoying themselves, it gives me that extra boost of energy.&#8221;Madison and Landon ran after fouls hit into the seats.&#8220;They got all the balls,&#8221; a laughing Farquhar said.Yankees pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Farquhar will have another simulated game later this week.&#8220;The attitude he has about everything is, I think it&#8217;s good for everybody to see,&#8221; Rothschild said. &#8220;It&#8217;s kind of special.&#8221;Farquhar struck out and walked Giovanny Urshela Jose Abreu Jersey , and got a strikeout and fly against Francisco Diaz.&#8220;Super encouraging to actually have batters with lots of coaches around that aren&#8217;t trying to swing and miss just to bolster my confidence,&#8221; Farquhar said. &#8220;They&#8217;re trying to impress coaches for their careers, too. So, to see guys step in the box and want to hit a home run off you and have that success that I had today, it&#8217;s in the positive direction.&#8221;All the outs came on 1-2 pitches. He threw 12 of 19 pitches for strikes.Farquhar was not cleared to pitch again in 2018, became a free agent after the season and signed a minor league contract with the Yankees.&#8220;To have the team support in here is incredible,&#8221; Farquhar said. &#8220;I feel it 100 percent from all my teammates.&#8221;Farquhar has pitched in 253 games over seven big league seasons, going 10-15 with a 3.39 ERA and 18 saves for Toronto (2011), Seattle (2013-15), Tampa Bay (2016-17) and the White Sox (2017-18).Farquhar was 1-1 with a 5.63 ERA in eight innings over eight games last year, GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) &#8212; Shane Bieber&#8217;s last name draws an immediate connection to a more famous global pop superstar, and playful teasing from his teammates.As a rookie last season Melky Cabrera Jersey , Bieber often endured taunts about singer Justin Bieber &#8212; the other &#8220;Biebs.&#8221;&#8220;They&#8217;d just get angry at me after I&#8217;m talking smack or whatever and say &#8216;All right, Justin,'&#8221; Bieber said with a laugh following a recent morning workout at training camp. &#8220;That&#8217;s kind of they&#8217;re go-to.&#8221;Well, while the confident right-hander won&#8217;t match Justin Bieber&#8217;s commercial success or his number of Twitter followers or ever be the subject of endless Hollywood tabloid headlines, Cleveland&#8217;s Bieber is making a pretty good name for himself.These days, the joking from his teammates has subsided.A fourth-round pick in 2016, Bieber shot through the Indians&#8217; farm system and became one of the team&#8217;s steadiest starters in just his third pro season. After beginning 2018 at Double-A Akron, he was promoted to Triple-A Columbus and wound up making 19 starts for the Indians, going 11-5 with a 4.55 ERA.&#8220;He&#8217;s had a lot thrown at him in a hurry,&#8221; Indians manager Terry Francona said. &#8220;You want guys to make adjustments and he did a lot of that on the fly last year, it was fun to watch.&#8221;From the moment he arrived in the majors, Bieber looked like he belonged. In 20 games, he struck out 118 while allowing just 23 walks in 114 2/3 innings. Bieber&#8217;s 5.1 strikeout-to-walk ratio ranked among the top 10 in the league Jeff Keppinger Jersey , behind All-Stars Justin Verlander, Chris Sale and teammate Corey Kluber.Beyond his impressive statistics, the 23-year-old Bieber displayed a veteran&#8217;s composure, something he attributes to his development at the University of California-Santa Barbara.&#8220;We were big on the mental side of the game,&#8221; said Bieber, who helped the Gauchos reach the 2016 College World Series. &#8220;And just being able to stay poised and confident, especially when things go wrong.&#8221;One place he saw things go wrong during last season was through the later innings of games, particularly facing batters for the third and fourth times through the order. Francona believes adjustments made to Bieber&#8217;s changeup &#8212; a pitch he used less than four percent of the time last season according to Statcast &#8212; will help.&#8220;Not just for the third time through the order but when he falls behind a lefty, he got a little predictable,&#8221; Francona said. &#8220;He&#8217;s trying to find a grip (on the changeup) where he can soften it up a little bit.&#8221;Bieber got off to a strong start in his spring exhibition debut Wednesday, retiring all six Milwaukee hitters he faced in Cleveland&#8217;s 6-1 win.Over the past few weeks, Bieber has become more familiar with the Indians Player Development Complex. This is his first time spending all spring in a big league camp, an experience he was fully prepared for last year but never got the invite.&#8220;Guys are kind of looking at me like it&#8217;s not my first http://www.whitesoxfanproshop.com/authentic-paul-konerko-jersey ,&#8221; said Bieber, who did enough last season to be added to the postseason roster. &#8220;They&#8217;re like, &#8216;Oh shoot, it&#8217;s actually your first? Maybe I shouldn&#8217;t be asking you where to go,&#8217; because I&#8217;m just trying to follow the crowd and not be too much of a greenie.&#8221;He may still be learning the lay of the land in Arizona, but Bieber is very comfortable when it comes to helping the three-time reigning AL Central champions win. With an adjusted change now in his arsenal plus improved breaking balls, Bieber will be counted on as a vital fifth starter in one of baseball&#8217;s best rotations.&#8220;He deserves to be where he is. He earned it,&#8221; Francona said. &#8220;We tell the young guys, you know, we don&#8217;t want you just to get called up, we want you to get called up and help us win. There&#8217;s a difference.&#8221;And even a well-known last name won&#8217;t help.

Akcja: ForaWątkiSzukajZaloguj
Przykro nam, ale tylko zarejestrowane osoby mogą pisać na tym forum.

Serwis internetowy, z którego korzystasz, używa plików cookies. Są to pliki instalowane w urządzeniach końcowych osób korzystających z serwisu, w celu administrowania serwisem, poprawy jakości świadczonych usług w tym dostosowania treści serwisu do preferencji użytkownika, utrzymania sesji użytkownika oraz dla celów statystycznych i targetowania behawioralnego reklamy (dostosowania treści reklamy do Twoich indywidualnych potrzeb). Informujemy, że istnieje możliwość określenia przez użytkownika serwisu warunków przechowywania lub uzyskiwania dostępu do informacji zawartych w plikach cookies za pomocą ustawień przeglądarki lub konfiguracji usługi. Szczegółowe informacje na ten temat dostępne są u producenta przeglądarki, u dostawcy usługi dostępu do Internetu oraz w Polityce prywatności plików cookies.
Dowiedz się więcej.